Top Ten Young Adult Romance Books 101

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature from The Broke and The Bookish. This week the theme is top ten books that would be on your syllabus if you taught X 101. I picked Young Adult Romance. It's kind of specific but I thought I'd give it a shot!

1. Perfect Chemistry

22548197

This book is the modern Romeo & Juliet type story. It's a new spin on the star crossed lover story because Alex, the male lead, is involved in a life of violence and gangs. On the other side, Brittany is the privileged unattainable white girl.

2. Anna and the French Kiss

 6936382

This book has slowly become one of the most notable Young Adult books and it's not hard to see why. All three books in this series have amazing romances and so it would definitely be required for my YA Romance class.

3. The Truth About Forever

51737

Macy and Wes will always been one of my favorite YA couples. This book has a lot more to the plot then just the romance, but it's still a pretty large part of it.

4. Pushing The Limits

10194514

This book is a little like Perfect Chemistry in the respect that the main characters come from two completely different worlds. However, I really love this book because of the strong bond that gradually forms between Noah and Echo.

5. My Life Next Door

12294652

Jace is what I would consider to be everything that I want in a male love interest. That alone makes this an important Young Adult romance book.

6. Slammed

13372690

This one has a great deal of drama which can kind of take away from the actual romance between Will and Layken. But I do love the romance between them so much, especially in the last two books.

7. On The Fence

18298225

Any Kasie West contemporary is great in my opinion. I picked this one specifically because I love the whole girl falls in love with her brothers best friend cliché. This one has a twist since Charlie is a huge tomboy, I found this to be different since often it seems like the girl silently pines after him or she absolutely despises being around him. Charlie constantly hangs out with Braden and I really liked the slow build of the romance that brews.

8. If I Stay

4374400

This is a heartbreaking novel but I absolutely adore the relationship between Adam and Mia.

9. The Fault in Our Stars

11870085

I was doing my best to avoid this book since I know it's on literally every Young Adult book list out there. But it was simply unavoidable. The romance between Augustus and Hazel is one of my all time favorites.

10. On The Jellicoe Road

2999475

I only have two words to say about this book: Jonah Griggs. It doesn't get much better than him. I mean all of these love interests are incredible, but I don't think anyone can top Griggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Go Read A Book
Template by These Paper Hearts