Mini Review: Confessions Of A Queen B*

Saturday, August 1, 2015
Confessions Of A Queen B*
Crista McHugh
2/5

While I've seen a lot of people who really enjoyed this book, I wasn't a huge fan of it. There were certain moments that were memorable but the majority of it was lacking for me. This might be something that you will love, but it wasn't for me. I felt like this was filled with too much of your typical high school drama and was trying too hard to channel Mean Girls.

Alexis considers herself to be the Queen Bitch. She runs her own blog that reveals all the scandals within the school and doesn't mind ruining the other students lives. The whole school is afraid of her and completely steers clear of her, except for her two best friends. She gets closer to the high school quarterback Brett, when they are forced to work on a project together.

I liked Brett, he was a character who tries extremely hard to knock down the walls of Lexi. He was an intriguing character because he broke the typical football stereotypes since he just so happens to be a closet nerd who is crazy smart. He doesn't think he has a career in the NFL and I like how focused he is on a life outside of that world.

Despite me liking Brett, this wasn't enough for me to really fall in love with this book. A positive note is that the book is short, but I still wish there was a lot more to the plot and characters. There wasn't enough time dedicated to Alexis and Brett and their relationship. However, there is going to be a sequel coming out, so maybe that will be explored further then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Go Read A Book
Template by These Paper Hearts