Top Ten Tuesday: Books to Read If You Like The Fault in Our Stars

Tuesday, September 29, 2015
 
The Broke and the Bookish hosts this weekly feature every Tuesday. This week the theme is what books to read if you like this super popular book/author. I decided to books to read if you loved The Fault in Our Stars. I could only come up with six for this one so let me know if you can think of any that I left off!


12700353 

These two books are A LOT different. However, Me and Earl is something a little bit lighter for readers that like the powerful story of TFIOS. Trust me, it will have you laughing out loud. 

6604794

Both of these books explore the topic of death and grief. They also both have incredible love stories. I know it's probably impossible to believe, but Joe is actually just as swoonworthy as Augustus. 

3. Everything, Everything

18692431

Although the illness in discussion are both very different, they still explore the subject of death and love. They also deal with family, particularly the main characters parents. Both of the main characters are bonded by having similar interests.

4. Jellicoe Road

2999475

This is easily one of the best books I've ever read. Both stories take on the subjects of love, death, grief, and growing up. Jonah Griggs is my all time favorite book boyfriend. 

5. Truest

19370252

There's no illness here, but Silas actually reminds me a lot of Gus in terms of personality. I think fans of TFIOS will enjoy Sommers beautiful writing.

6. The Truth About Forever

51737

This is much lighter, but Macy still has to deal with the loss of her father. Sarah Dessen definitely has a different style of writing from John Green, but they both are amazing storytellers.
 

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm really curious about Truest and since I liked TFIOS better than anticipated, I'll have to pick that debut up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I considered doing TFIOS, too, and the books you chose likely would have been on my list, too. Amazing.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jellicoe Road is amazing ! Read it for Grade 10 assessment. Truest is also now on my TBR because of Silas and Gus comparison.

    My TTT is here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks and great list! I can not wait to read Everything, Everything
    http://seeingdoubleinneverland.blogspot.com/2015/09/top-ten-tuesday-10-reads-if-you-loved.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I've been wanting to read Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl! :) Great list. TFIOS is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read Everything, Everything and Jellicoe Road. Both have been highly recommended to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me, Earl and the Dying Girl and Everything, Everything are on my TBR. Both look great. I'll have to go check out the others. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked Me and Earl, and Everything, Everything is on my TBR list! I'm really trying hard to get around to it, because I've heard such great things. Better hope it's at the library... Nice list! I'll hope to check out some of the other books, too. :)

    My TTT is here: https://hannahbanana98.wordpress.com/2015/09/29/top-ten-books-to-read-if-you-like-these-books-too/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! I love Sarah Dessen, she is one of my to go to author. I really want to read Me and Earl and the Dying Girl.
    Here’s mine, please feel free to read it!
    http://wonderstruck-kcks.blogspot.com/2015/09/books-to-read-if-you-like-teen-love.html
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Go Read A Book
Template by These Paper Hearts