Top Finished Series I Have Yet to Finish

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week, the theme is ten finished series that I have yet to finish. This is a difficult but good topic and I'm happy to do it!

1. Under The Never Sky

10756656

I've only read the first book in this series so far, but I'm working on the others now!

2. Sloppy Firsts: Jessica Darling Series

138202

I've heard a lot of really great things about the Jessica Darling series so I'm not sure why I haven't managed to pick this one up yet? I can't believe the first book has been out since 2001!

3. Weetzie Bat Series

44353

It's probably even worse that I somehow managed to miss this one. But in my defense, it was released before I was even born so I just completely missed out on it.

4. Harry Potter

3

I have only read the first four books so I feel like I have to read the other books at some point. I just got hopelessly stuck on the fifth book and gave up completely. But one day I do plan on checking out the whole series again.

5. Perfect Chemistry

4268157

I read the first book but I plan on reading the others in the series also. It's a fascinating concept and I loved this book way more than I first expected.

6. Cinder

11235712

The first book immediately drew me in but I'm sort of holding back on reading the others. Also, I know this one has more books coming out (or at least one) so I'm definitely cheating here, but I felt like it needed to be thrown in there anyway because it's a huge one on my list!

7. Delirium

11614718

Not sure how I missed out on this one. I actually haven't read anything by Lauren Oliver even though I know she's a huge Young Adult author. I don't know, I guess I've just always figured that her books aren't my thing, but I can't help but consider giving them a try and see what happens.

Okay so I'm going to fall a little short on getting ten on this list because I'm way too tired. This was way more difficult than I expected it would be! I mean, the most difficult part of it was trying to remember series that I want to read that are actually completed. Most of the ones that I'm interested in are more recent and still coming out with new books. Anyways, I look forward to seeing what everyone else could up with for this list!

16 comments:

  1. I've yet to read the Lunar Chronicles. But someday... it shall happen (especially as every one of my blogging buddies seem to recommend them). I've not read Lauren Oliver's book either, but I am curious about the series you feature. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you like the rest of the Harry Potter books! I haven't read The Lunar Chronicles yet, but I would like to. Probably by the time I start, the last book will be out and I can add it to my list. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do want to finish the Harry Potter books but the fifth one was just sooo boring to me. Haha right! I just found it hard to read at once. Like I enjoy books that I can binge read in one or two sittings!

      Delete
  3. I'm really enjoying the Lunar Chronicles! I hope you continue to enjoy them! My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Weetzie Bat a long time ago and remembered it being a really weird and wonderful book. I'm behind on the Lunar Chronicles too. The Perfect Chemistry series is fun. Hope you enjoy these when you get around to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely look interesting! I'm glad I'm not the only one behind on The Lunar Chronicles.

      Delete
  5. I just finished reading Perfect Chemistry recently and I loved it! I'll definitely be continuing this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know if they are going to have any more books?? I heard something about a new book in the series that would be about Alex and Brittany's kids but I'm not sure if that's true or not!

      Delete
  6. I'm a fan of the first couple of Jessica Darling books. Read them, I say!

    Here's my Top Ten Series I've YET to Finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are the last ones not so good?? I'll definitely give them all a try anyways! :)

      Delete
  7. Oh man - I am a HUGE HUGE FAN of Jessica Darling and Weetzie Bat and so glad I can sit here and pressure you into reading them HAHA. The rest of the JD series is so snarky and fun and it was a joy to see her grow up. The books go from when she is 16 in book 1 to 26 when she is in book 5. It was really interesting to see her and everybody around her change. Or not change lol. W/ Weetzie Bat - I would suggest picking up a collection of the short stories called Dangerous Angels, this is all the Weetzie stories in one book and it makes it easy to finish them all. You could probably find it at your local library! Def pick them up.

    -Rachel :)

    My TTT-- http://rachelwritesthings.blogspot.com/2015/09/top-ten-finished-series-i-have-yet-to.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot about the love interest in the first couple of Jessica Darling books. So I'm definitely curious about whether or not they stay together! I love books where you get to see the main character grow up. That was one of my favorite parts about The Princess Diaries series! Thank you so much for the suggestion. I've heard of that particular Weetzie book collection but I didn't realize what it was. I'll definitely pick it up sometime soon! :)

      Delete
  8. The Lunar Chronicles are something you should catch up on soon because the last one is coming out in a couple of months! I hope you enjoy them, I know I did.

    My TTT https://jazminjade.wordpress.com/2015/09/08/top-ten-tuesday-finished-series-to-finish/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you MUST finish the HP books - they are so worth the read! :) https://readingismysuperpower.wordpress.com/2015/09/08/top-ten-tuesday-ill-get-back-to-you/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I finished the HP books in the loosest possible definition of the word "finish"...I think I skimmed through most the last books, and probably couldn't tell you want actually happened in any of them....! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy to hear that i am not the only one that has not yet read anything buy Lauren Oliver! :)
    And i can understand how you got stuck on the fifth harry potter. It was a little too long and stuck on some places, i thought so too. I just love her writing style which kept me going, but it was a bit... much in some places. So completely understandable :) You could always try going on with the sixth book, since i don't think that there are people left that have not been spoiled as what is happening in the book you good stuck on. If you enjoy the series otherwise that is. If not at least you tried, right?
    I also have yet to start on the Lunar chronicles, somehow that just always slips deeper and deeper on my TBR pile.
    Great list :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Go Read A Book
Template by These Paper Hearts