Top Ten Tuesday: 6 Authors I've Read The Most Books From

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature/meme from The Broke and the Bookish. This weeks theme is top ten authors that you've read the most books from. This theme was difficult for me because I typically care more about the book itself than the author. But if I do read a book that I love, naturally I will check other titles from this author. More often than not, other books from the author tend to not live up to the expectations I've set up for them, which is unfair but can still be true. Anyway, these are the authors with titles that I've read the most books of.

1. John Green
I've read literally every single one of his books, which probably isn't all that surprising. I know that a lot of people love him as much as I do, if not more so. Honestly, it's a little weird that I've read them all considering the fact that all of his books besides The Fault In Our Stars are narrated by a guy, and that typically doesn't appeal to me. Anyway, I'm a pretty big fan of his general writing style, although some of his plots sort of run together for me.

2. Sarah Dessen
I've read all of Sarah's books. Yup, all 16 of them. I'm a sucker for a good romance and a beautiful setting. The majority of her books are set on the beach, and I love that. While they might have a formula, I've come to love that formula.

3. Meg Cabot
Okay, I haven't read all of her books. She has even more books than Sarah, but I've still read quite a few of them. Naturally, none of her books can compete with the beauty that is The Princess Diaries Series.

4. Nicholas Sparks
I've read quite a few of his books and though they aren't my favorite, I still enjoy them pretty well.

5. Jodi Picoult
I absolutely love her writing. Some of it gets a little twisted and weird, but for the most part she creates beautifully flawed characters that you can't help but love.

6. Katie McGarry
I haven't read book 5 in the Chasing The Limits series, but I loved all four of those books along with Nowhere But Here. It's an addicting series that I really enjoyed.

Sadly, I could only come up with 6 authors for this prompt. Hopefully I can come up with a few more for the auto-buy theme for next week!

6 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, we have Meg Cabot in common. I love her books. i really want to reader Sarah Dessen.

    My TTT (Most read Authors)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We only have John Green in common! I've not read a book by any other author on your list... I need to read Katie McGarry soon though, I have a copy of Pushing the Limits waiting on my iPad!

    I'm glad I'm not the only one who had a hard time coming up with authors for this TTT but a tip, on goodreads you can find your most read authors easily: my books, left side under all your shelves it says 'most read authors' or something like that.

    AmandaEmma @ Little Miss Reader
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I have read from all of these authors except for McGarry. I love John Green, but he didn't make my list, just because I apparently fixate on certain authors and read LARGE numbers of their books. Here is my TTT if you want to check it out! http://www.bookworminkorporated.com/most-read-authors/
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have not even one author in common.
    But i will check out all of them other then Green -since i am not a fan of his type of stories- that you have on your list and see what books i can read. I have read one or two books from Cabot and Dessen, but i want to see what else they wrote :)
    Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have Sarah Dessen in common, although I haven't even read 1/2 of her books. I haven't read anything by Katie McGarry but I really want to from all the positive things I've heard!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Go Read A Book
Template by These Paper Hearts