Top Ten Auto-buy Authors

Monday, August 17, 2015

I'm sure you know the drill by now, The Broke and The Bookish hosts Top Ten Tuesday every week. This week the theme is top ten auto-buy authors. Meaning, you automatically buy whatever book this author has written regardless of the genre.

1. Huntley Fitzpatrick
She might only have three novels released so far, but she's one author that I'm definitely going to buy whatever she writes without questioning it. Fitzpatrick has such a beautiful style of writing that's difficult to explain but let's just say that it's already managed to win me over to say the least!

2. Veronica Roth
I loved the Divergent trilogy and I'm anxious to see what Veronica writes next!

3. Courtney C. Stevens
She only has written two full length novels, one of them isn't even released yet. I was lucky enough to read an advanced copy of Lies About Truth so this is kind of cheating a little bit. But let's just say that I'm going to buy whatever she writes because she tells stories in such a breathtaking and real way. I just really love how she can take a fresh spin on tough teen issues.

4. Abbi Glines 
This is one that I'm a little hesitant to admit to, not that she's a bad author, I just think some of her characters seem to blend together with the whole innocent girl meets bad boy act. However, I read her books because the stories are just addicting to me for some reason. I get so wrapped up in all the lives of her characters, especially in her series like Sea Breeze and Rosemary Beach.

5. Kasie West
I'm mostly drawn to her contemporary novels, but anything Kasie releases is sure to be amazing.

6. Marissa Meyer
The Lunar Chronicles have drawn me in so much that I'm sure to read whatever Meyer writes. Cinder was unlike any book I've ever read before, it's definitely managed to stick with me.

7. Kiera Cass
The Selection wasn't my favorite, mostly because of the main character America. However, I did become intrigued enough with the books that I'm going to go for whatever Cass comes out with.

8. J.K. Rowling
Do I really need to elaborate with this one?

9. Judy Blume
I love how she writes many different genre books. Regardless of what audience she's writing for, I'm reading it.

10. Neil Gaiman
I know this one is really weird compared to all the others but I couldn't leave him off! Gaiman writes such unique books that are constantly pushing buttons. I love all his work and will always pick up his works regardless of genre.

1 comment:

Copyright © 2014 Go Read A Book
Template by These Paper Hearts