Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Characters I Didn't Click With

Tuesday, September 1, 2015


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week the theme is top ten characters that you just didn't click with.

1. Reagan from Open Road Summer

16081202

A lot of people love this book and I enjoy some of it, but I didn't like Reagan at all. There's so many issues that I had with her general attitude, especially towards females that weren't her best friend. I wanted so badly to like her but I just couldn't.

2. Emaline from The Moon and More

23281629

This is one of my least favorite Sarah Dessen books. While I loved the strong female friendship this book has, I just couldn't connect to Emaline like I do with some of her other characters.

3. Rhiannon from Every Day

13262783

As much as I love A, I just couldn't click with Rhiannon in this one. Maybe it'll be different in "Another Day" since we get to see from her point of view, but I just didn't really get her.

4. Bella Swan from Twilight

41865

I don't HATE Bella but I don't really get her either. I don't relate to how she relies on men as much as she does. She's just not a strong female character in YA books, in my opinion.

5. America Singer from The Selection

10507293

She's a hard character to relate with. I just hated how she would string along two guys but get jealous if Maxon wasn't giving her his full attention. She's selfish and immature honestly.

6. Lola from Lola and the Boy Next Door

9961796

Another character who strung along two boys. I also wasn't sure what to make of her costumes and wigs. Yes, it was apart of who she is but I also felt like she kind of used it as a mask to hide who she really is and we never got to see her true self.

7. All the characters from Until Friday Night

22522202

I've made my feelings on this book pretty clear. I didn't like any of the characters in this book really. I felt sorry for both the main characters at time, but I also didn't like how they used it as an excuse to treat other characters poorly.

8. Emmy from Emmy & Oliver

13132816

I love this book and many of Robin Benway's other work as well. However, I just felt like Emmy was a relatively boring character. She wasn't as exciting as the other characters in the book or even like Audrey from Benway's book Audrey Wait!

9. Margo Spiegelman from Paper Towns

6442769

Margo was a difficult character to click with. I love Q but Margo wasn't an easy character to really get. Maybe things would have been different if we saw things from her point of view but I doubt it.

10. Molly from 99 Days

22836575

I tried hard to sympathize with Molly because of how everyone was treating her from the beginning. However, she kept making terrible decisions and making it hard for me to feel anything but irritation towards her.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with not relating to Margo Roth Speigleman. I just couldn't connect or understand her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally with you on Lola – I thought Anna was way more relatable, Lola's quirkier but for me more difficult to connect with. And yeah, it would be interesting to have a psychologist analyze Lola's penchant for costumes and wigs and see what's really going on there, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Go Read A Book
Template by These Paper Hearts