Boomerang Review

Monday, September 21, 2015
18869613

Boomerang
Noelle August
William Morrow
July 2014
Goodreads description: 
 Welcome to Boomerang.com, the dating site for the millennial gen with its no-fuss, no-commitments matchups, and where work is steamier than any random hook-up

Mia Galliano is an aspiring filmmaker. Ethan Vance has just played his last game as a collegiate soccer star. They’re sharp, hungry for success, and they share a secret.

Last night, Ethan and Mia met at a bar, and, well . . . one thing led to another, which led to them waking up the next morning—together. Things turned awkward in a hurry when they found themselves sharing a post hookup taxi . . . to the same place: Boomerang headquarters.

What began as a powerful connection between them is treated to a cold shower courtesy of two major complications. First, Boomerang has a strict policy against co-worker dating. And second, they’re now competitors for only one job at the end of summer.


As their internships come to an end, will they manage to keep their eyes on the future and their hands off each other, or will the pull of attraction put them right back where they started?

As I'm sure you've already heard, Noelle August is a pen name for Veronica Rossi and Lorin Oberweger. Rossi has received lots of attention for her popular Under The Never Sky trilogy. I've read two of those books so far and really enjoyed them, so I was curious to read this one. Honestly, this one was nothing like her YA series so it's pretty pointless to even try to put the two up against each other. It's not a bad thing at all, she is able to find her own voice here with a New Adult romance book. This is a light and heartwarming read that I truly enjoyed. 

Both Ethan and Mia were two of my favorite NA characters to date. I was such a fan of these two specifically because I felt like they were extremely easy to understand. Most of all, they felt real. Both of them reminded me of several of my own friends, and that makes me like them even more. I loved the distinctive, sarcastic, and witty narrative that both of them had. They had their own respective quirks that became more obvious as the chapters go back and forth between them both, and it was so obvious that they complemented each other well. The supporting characters were nice as well. I was a little disappointed since this is a series where there the supporting guys are going to get their own story in the following books, and I wasn't all that invested in Adam. Knowing that his is the next story told makes me not all that excited to read it. Maybe it'll be different seeing things from his point of view, but I wasn't all that connected to him in this one.

I hated it when Ethan and Mia were on dates (spoiler alert) with anyone else. Basically, they are forced to go dates with other people since they work for a dating website and are required to try it out for themselves. Anyway, the pair is also trying to fight the feelings that they have for each other while this goes on. Obviously, it all backfires in the end. Even though I had a pretty sure feeling that everything would work out in the end for the couple, I still felt the need to skip through it because I just wanted them to actually be together already. All in all, this was a relationship that I really and truly believed from the beginning to the end of the story. 

Boomerang is different from a lot of the New Adult books that I've read (only Flat-Out Love was more creative and also had better supporting characters, in my opinion) here recently. It didn't have heavy subject matter or tons and tons of drama, but that's what made it special for me. It was light, fun, and mostly happy. Did it have drama? Well of course it did, but not overwhelmingly so. I still really enjoyed reading Mia and Ethan's story and would read it again in a heartbeat.

1 comment:

  1. I have one of the books in this series so at some point I am going to have to go back and read all the other ones. I am looking forward to that quite a bit because this sounds like such a cute lovely little romance! Can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Go Read A Book
Template by These Paper Hearts