Waiting On Wednesday: What You Always Wanted

Wednesday, September 30, 2015
Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Breaking The Spine. This is where we highlight our most anticipated upcoming releases.

23006006 

What You Always Wanted 
Kristin Rae
Bloomsbury Children's 
March 29th, 2016
Goodreads description: 

If Only . . . he was the boy she's been dreaming of. The If Only line continues in this fun high school theater-themed romance!

Drama girl Maddie Brooks has always had high standards for guys. But she has yet to find one who can live up to the romantic, classic Hollywood heartthrobs, especially the dreamy song-and-dance man Gene Kelly. When Maddie begins to carpool with Jesse Morales, her new neighbor and star pitcher of the baseball team, she's struck by his wit, good looks, and love for his family--but a guy so into sports is definitely not her style. Then Maddie discovers that Jesse was raised as a dancer and still practices in the community theater dance studio to keep in shape. Perhaps her perfect dream guy exists after all! But when it becomes clear that baseball--not dance--is Jessie's passion, can Maddie find a way to let her dream guy go and appreciate the charms of the amazing guy in front of her?


I read my first book in this series over the weekend (the 6th one) and I was really charmed by the concept! This one looks even more up my alley based on the description. Growing up, I was very involved with theatre in my community. Even though I don't do it anymore, it's still something that I can instantly connect with and get all the references. Even better is that I also love baseball (probably even more than theatre) so that's even more of a reason for me to read this! I'm definitely looking forward to it because I love light and happy reads, even though this one looks like it might have more high school drama than I typically like. I'm going to give it a shot anyways! What do you guys think about the book?
 

2 comments:

  1. It looks cute but I don't know that this is my type of book. If you decide to pick up and read it I hope you enjoy it!

    My WOW: http://mommywantstoread.blogspot.com/2015/09/waiting-on-wednesday-im-waiting-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds very cute. Not my type of thing (a little too rom com/fluffy for me) but I know people that will read this in minutes XD

    My WOW- http://rachelwritesthings.blogspot.com/2015/09/waiting-on-wednesday-seven-black.html

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Go Read A Book
Template by These Paper Hearts